Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bahrain




A could be disaster turned out for the best in an over-night layover in Bahrain. Arriving in the international airport at 10pm, I thought surely I would be sleeping in the lobby. The guards were pushy and short-tempered, something I was relatively unprepared for after travelling Asia. However, after speaking to the information desk, I discovered room and board is included in over-night layovers. Still, what can you expect with "free" services?
When we arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to discover a 3 star hotel with a pool, finely furnished lobby with bar and restaurant, and a room with hardwood floor, king-sized bed and cable tv. Just what I needed. I fell asleep at 2am after watching the Fast and the Furious 2 (I don't recommend it).
Breakfast, also included in the free service, was buffet style with all the fixings.

So, the best part of the ordeal? The Bahrain stamp in my passport! Thanks Gulfair!

No comments: