Sunday, November 11, 2007

Dahab, Mt. Sinai, St. Catherine's Cathedral& a Burning Bush






Sinai, where Moses and his people traveled through en route to the promised land. This was an incredibly moving experience for me, but mostly in the form of stomach problems. I was told I had dysentery, but I disagree. The symptoms would have been much worse.

Apart from that, I can't praise my time in Dahab and at St. Catherine's monestary enough. Dahab is an icredible place to chill-out with scuba diving, snorkelling, and beach side cafes and Mt. Sinai is overflowing with historical and spiritual allusions. Sitting on top of Sinai at sunrise was something I will never forget.

I spent most of my time with some Japanese friends I made on the bus from Cairo. I spoke mostly Japanese for a week, something I haven't done since leaving Japan, making my experience somewhat surreal but very fun. Japanese people tend to have 'light blood,' as they say in Egypt.

No comments: