Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Lake Galilee

I did a 50 kilometer ride on mountain bike around the historical sea of Galilee. It was a beautiful day and the ride was gentle. It made for a great alternative to a tourist group. Plus, I could stop where I wanted and spend as much time as I needed. The ruins were interesting though the most interesting part of this trip was seeing the different groups of pilgrims. I met a group from India, Italians, Germans, and a deaf group.

Towards the end of the sea was a small stream used for baptising pilgrims. It was set in a beautiful garden area with everything from changing rooms to jugs of "Holy Water" for sale. If that wasn't commercialization of religion, I don't know what is!

On another note, I left my driving license at the hotel.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this post!