Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Pneumonia

I've been sick for the last month, directly after hiking Hakuba with my friend Tim. It began with losing my voice but progressed into chronic coughing, so much that I often couldn't sleep. I went to the doctor three times, each time with a different person who either sacrificed their free time or work time to help me. Others brought me food, medicine or tea. Thank you to all who helped me recover!

The second time I was at the doctor, they took a chest xray and found a white shadow, indicating I might have pneumonia. They then sent me to have a CT-scan (cat scan) and were able to identify it for sure. It was frightening to think that without medicine I might not get better. Thankfully, they said it was not a serious case and if I rested and took the medication, I would recover quickly.

Last year I was sick again and went to the doctor to have a check-up. He did a test on me known as the Bi-digital O-ring test. It's too weird to describe in detail so I'll direct you to an informative website, http://www.bpmlegal.com/wfinger.html. They told me I had pneumonia then too but I am pretty sure I didn't after having gone through this.

Two sick days and three weeks, many meds, and two boxes of tissues later, I stopped coughing and regained my ability to smell. I realized how badly I needed to take out the trash in my apartment...

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

oh gross!!! is that what i've been smelling through my back door. eek. i hope it wasn't full of maggots (like last time).

glad you're feeling better!!

Matthew R. Loney said...

That is by far the oddest medication procedure I`ve ever heard of in my entire lifetime of hearing odd medical procedures.

Sounds a bit like alchemy to me!